"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Tidbits of Our Lives

Since I didn't take good care of my eyes for, ohhh, five years, I have had to visit my optometrist several times in the last few months to correct/reverse the damage that was done. I have another appointment on Tuesday, and that will be my fourth appointment since the beginning of May. So I was laughing with Ryan today about some of my frustrations with eye appointments (my fears of not making the correct choices during the exam, thereby screwing up my prescription), and he reminded me of this comedy routine we saw a couple of years ago. It is soooo right on; I was so glad we found it again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8GMFkc3iSA

Ryley finished her Disney Princess Dance Camp on Friday. I think she still prefers swimming to dance, but she loved it all the same. She certainly danced her little heart out! Which girl doesn't want to feel like a princess???











Last night, Ryan and I went to our good friend Katie's wedding. I've known Katie since we were nine years old, and she actually caught the bouquet at our wedding 10 years ago! She and Dave got married outside, and it was raining ever so lightly. So beautiful!



Then, over at Table W4, we had a delightful time! We were the most raucous table by far. Poor Katie was probably ashamed of her childhood friends! We couldn't stop laughing.

Katie with Nichole and Danielle


Jenny and Jamie


Ryan and me


Danielle and Michael


Christie, me, and Kendra


We had a wonderful Father's Day. Ryley slept in until 9:30! That is the latest she has ever slept in her entire life. She is an early riser, no matter what time she goes to bed the night before. But it allowed me to sleep until 9:00 (thank you, Ryley!), and Ryan was up before either of us, writing an oh-so-eloquent blog about his dad. Because he beat us up, we didn't get to serve him breakfast in bed like we had planned, but we did have BBQ for lunch, and we played miniature golf in the afternoon. It was a really nice day.





I don't feel as eloquent as Ryan was when he was writing about his dad, but in honor of Father's Day, I do want my husband and daddy to know how much I appreciate and love them!

Daddy, thank you for being the man of integrity that you are. You are probably the hardest worker I know, and I am so proud to be your daughter. You don't have a mean bone in your body, and you are filled to the brim with creativity, honesty, character, and raw desire to do whatever God calls you to do. Thank you for raising me to value those character traits, to accept Christ as my Savior, to value my relationship with God, and so much more!!!!! I love you so much!



Ryan, I love being a parent with you. I love that you are my daughter's daddy...that you care for her, you talk to her, you put her hair in pony tails, you take the time to answer her (many!) questions, as difficult and random as they may be. :-) You teach her about the universe, and you teach her about its Creator. You are concerned about the person she becomes, and you are determined to raise her correctly. I love you with all my heart. Ryley is so, so blessed.


(Talking about jellyfish at the aquarium a few months ago) :-)

Off to bed we go....Tomorrow is the first day my office operates from its new location. There are bound to be hiccups, and it's bound to be an interesting day. :-) Oh, joy!

1 comment:

rhondaslaughtrt said...

Ryley...I LOVE the video of you tap dancing! You are such a natural! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. You are such a beautiful dancing princess. I love you so very much! Love, Aunt Rhonda