"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Backlogged

It's getting to the point that if I don't just jump in and type, I may never. As I've said before, I am a therapeutic journaler....I don't really move past situations until I have thoroughly debriefed. And I must admit that I am seriously backlogged at the moment! So you will have to bear with me as I start with December and move forward from there....

I simply have to share about my ingenious "doubleheader party plan." Clean the house once and have TWO parties in one day (though it didn't seem so ingenious when we were madly cleaning the house that morning!).

At 1 p.m. on a Saturday, we held my students' piano recital:





All of the kids did so well, and I was so proud of all of them! We cleaned up that reception, and then at 6 p.m., we had our annual Christmas party for our group of friends from high school! So fun!



The next week, we went with some friends to the White Fence Farm for dinner. Ryley had never wanted to meet Santa before, but when she saw that Mrs. Claus was with him, she finally agreed to go meet him! We have waited six and a half years for the customary "Santa picture." :-)



That weekend, Ryley participated in our church's Christmas children's production! Were we ever glad to be done listening to those songs. Ha! :-)



In the next several days after that, my family began arriving for Korell Christmas Extravaganza Denver 2009. My aunt Coleen and I had decided several months ago to invite the extended family to Denver for Christmas. It even ended up being a white one, which was perfect!!!!

Justin and Aly brought Betsy, their Cocker Spaniel, so Juliet got to meet her cousin. :-)







I absolutely love this picture...a quiet Christmas Eve morning, with a little girl and her daddy...



We went ice skating as a family on Christmas Eve...so special and fun!!!













That night we had a talent show and sing-along. Yes, my family is goofy and wonderful. :-) Don't ask what my brother and I are doing there...





And then, the long-awaited Christmas morning! Santa brought Ryley a writing desk and chair, which is exactly what she had asked him for when she saw him a week earlier!









It was a wonderful Christmas morning, and then the family began arriving again for the noon meal! Over the four days, we had between 15 and 21 people in our house at any given time. It was so much fun! Lots of work, but lots of fun. I have new appreciation for what my grandma has done twice a year for generations! :-)









We were able to take some pictures of my immediate family, which was really nice....













Our ongoing joke all weekend was how those of us with I-Phones were constantly on them. So we had some fun with it!







That brings us through December 26, and yet more fun awaits! However, as it is nigh midnight, the debriefing will have to wait until another day. :-) Thanks for bearing with me through this leg of the journey!

Good night!

5 comments:

Beth said...

awesome awesome pictures. such sweet memories.

Melanie said...

Did Ryley get that purple robe for Christmas? It looks exactly like the one Abby got! I love the picture with the heart in the snow, and the iphone ones too. Fun!

Chasaraben said...

OH MAN! DID YOU PHOTO SHOP THE PIC OF RYLEY AND THE SUN BEHIND HER?? Kinda looks angelic to me~! You also have some great pics of your family... truly amazing shots and the one of you with Ryan and Ryley should be your new header. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Chasaraben said...

Forgot to say I giggle at the phone one- "The family that texts together, stays together?!?" Who is behind you in your friends party... after piano- looks like someone we worked with. Hmmm- is it? And whoever is in the heart pic- that is a sweet photo. Too bad I don't think of those things.

Joy said...

Melanie -- yes, she got the purple robe for Christmas...$15 at Target, and she LOVES it!!! :-)

Sarah -- The heart in the snow was the doing of my brother Justin and sister-in-law Aly, in honor of their 7th wedding anniversary! Aren't they creative??? And at the party...That's our friend Christie. Were you thinking it was Debbie? Was trying to figure out who she looks like.... :-)