"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Monday, September 27, 2010

Obligatory Post? (or just a late-night update in the midst of a busy September)

I don’t really have anything of substance to say tonight.

I could complain about my job and how everyone seems to think that my world should stop when a customer’s siding was ordered short or when a roof fails inspection. That is not to say that I am not a good employee. I am an awesome employee, in my opinion. I’m just tired of being the “responsible one.” We had to let one of our office girls go, you see….for not doing her job and lying to cover it up and being mean and rude all the time. So my duties have doubled, and my day is shorter, and my pay is less. Then the other remaining office girl decided to call in sick for three days. So I was doing the job of three people. And when someone stands in my office and waits for me to react to a “crisis situation,” it takes everything within me to keep from rolling my eyes and saying, “Don’t you see that there is so much more to me than roofs?? I have other interests and other talents too! I think.”

Somehow I don’t think I am expressing my thoughts well….It sounds like I am an admitted slacker. But I’m not. I’m just tired of the same old, same old, and not being able to make anybody happy.

I’m tired of knowing that no matter how hard I work, there will always be crap to deal with. Every single day.

Ryan is too. My heart breaks for him in his job, and I wish I could make it better. I check my text messages as often as I can throughout the day, just because I can’t stand not knowing what level of hell he’s dealing with on any given day. All I can do is give him to the Lord. And for some reason, that’s hard for a control-freak like me. He had an interview last week, though, so hope is on the horizon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough of the complaining!  Look at this: the babies are doing amazing!!!!

IMG_1441

Aren’t they adorable???? They are so precious. They are almost four pounds each.

IMG_1398

We can hardly wait to meet them!!! We probably won’t go until Thanksgiving, and that seems like such a long time from now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their cousin Ryley is growing up. Look how mature she looks!

DSCF2252

It makes me sad what a big girl she is getting to be. So dramatic and witty and filled with empathy. Such good company. But not nearly as cuddly as she used to be. Then again, she’s always been busy….

DSCF2251

DSCF2243

And here are the Ry’s before going to the Broncos game on Sunday:

DSCF2257

So adorable. She is such a daddy’s girl. Ryan said she spent almost the entire game people-watching with our binoculars. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are doing well with our resolution to have no fast food for lunch or dinner, Monday through Thursday. That means I find time to cook a “healthy” meal every week night. I know it sounds dumb that that is a resolution for us, but nevertheless, it is, and it was needed. No weight loss progress as of yet, but we are making changes to our lifestyle one at a time. And you know what? We had McDonalds this weekend for the first time in a month, and it didn’t taste as good as it used to. Go figure. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to editing now. See you in October! ;-)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Funny thing about McDonalds. =)

After having sworn off McDonalds for years, i remember the first time i had a burger from there. It gave me immediate and severe and painful gas. I couldn't believe the difference.

Chasaraben said...

McDonalds is NEVER good- oops. I mean way to go! (I have Mc D) I'm sorry you all are bogged down in the land of Stupid. I was there last year... now I dwell in the land of I work with a stupid... gosh! I'll be praying for you both and the twins are getting big. I hop over to the blog every few days to check on them. :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/clarithromycin]clarithromycin 250 mg
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://asacol-mesalamine.webs.com/]Salofalk online
[/url] Canasa online
buy Salofalk
salofalk tablete 500 mg