"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Sunday, December 19, 2010

Follow That Star!

Ryley’s church Christmas performance went wonderfully…What a great little choir they have!

And Ryan and I breathed a huge sigh of relief when her solo was over. He squeezed my hand, and I could tell he was so proud of her, singing so bravely in front of 1,ooo people at the age of seven. That is something that neither of us would have ever done!!!! :-)

DSCF2788

IMG_0117

IMG_0123

“Countless days on a journey that led so far…

Endless nights they traveled to follow the star…

They did not find a palace, just a humble village home,

And searching for a king, but finding a Child, no crown, no throne,

Still they bowed down!”

IMG_0124

IMG_0126

IMG_0133

It was a beautiful Christmas service! 

Photos are courtesy of my uncle Paul and his amazing new camera! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight’s Ryley Quote, from Which My Love for Her Tripled:

I was making chili, so I was busily chopping up an onion. Ryley entered the kitchen and immediately recoiled from the onion’s strong smell.

Under her breath, Ryley muttered, “You really should be doing that under water.”

“What did you say?” I asked.

“Oh, well, I just read in a book that chopping an onion under water keeps it from making your eyes water.”

“What book?” I challenged.

“The Boxcar Children,” she answered.

She’s learning things from books. And I love her for it.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

She did GREAT! Tell her a cousin in Oregon is very proud of her.