"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dear Ryan,

I wish to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for not believing you last night regarding the definition of "asinine." You were completely right in your off-the-cuff answer that "asinine" means "of or like an ass." How you knew that I will never know. You were right, and I was wrong.

Not coincidentally, it is your affinity for words and your wry, witty intelligence that made me fall in love with you in the first place 15 years ago. Just do me a favor, and don't let this victory go to your head. You wouldn't want to become, say, "asinine."

Love,
Joy



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Gwen said...

I second that Joy!! So funny!!

Unknown said...

Ryan IS SMART like his DAD

Beth said...

Too funny.

Gene Steiner said...

LOL !

Love you guys !

Katie Long - Kathleen Rose Photography said...

I love a good disagreement over vocabulary!!!! That is awesome...

Chasaraben said...

So funny! Just curious- did Ryan read this? If not you gotta SAY the words, or the apology doesn't count!

Joy said...

He thought the situation was so funny that he practically dared me to apologize publicly. It wasn't so much about me not knowing the word as it was about him so accurately defining it, all the way down to the word "ass," per the dictionary.