"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snapshots

Just a few snapshots of our daily lives this past week:

Ryley and I had a girl movie night on Friday…

042

But apparently I picked some boring ones! So Ryley spent the time doing my hair instead of watching. :-)

050

This was the backseat as we ran errands on Saturday….Everyone’s all buckled in and behaving nicely. :-)

071

Ryley turned the TV on in our room, and America’s Next Top Model was on. That’s not really what I would consider appropriate programming, but I got a kick out of Ryley doing her best impression of a model’s disinterested pose. :-)

088

Sunday was the first day since New Year’s that we’ve all been out of school and work on the same day!!! Ryan has had to work every weekend for three months. So we skipped church and took a nice drive before heading to our friends’ Oscar party.

Ryley had never been to Red Rocks before, so we started there.

094

We had forgotten that there are a zillion stairs up to the amphitheater. While dozens of 20-somethings with iPods and yoga pants passed us by at high speeds (apparently it’s quite the trendy work-out destination), we fat people had to take a break every six or seven flights. :-)

102

Ryley and her babies are SO cuddly in their matching PJs! Thank you, Coleen!

113

Today after school Ryley and I had a hankering for Noodles and Co. She just looked way too grown up sitting on the stool next to me!

121

Then she discovered a good climbing tree on our walk tonight. She looks confident, but don’t be fooled. I had to help her down! :-)

128

She’s still my baby. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because Ryan works a lot, he doesn’t make it into too many photos on here, and I know it may seem like this blog is dedicated to my relationship with Ryley alone. But I just want to say that I feel so, so blessed to be married to such an amazing man. Ryan is truly my very best friend in the world, and every day God shows me another way/reason that this man is so perfect for me. Not perfect. :-) But perfect for me.

I love his heart.  I love the inner workings of his mind. I love the way he explains things. I love the way he treats people. I love the way he works so hard. I love the way we can laugh about it all.

I love the way he disappears to the kitchen whenever something on TV becomes uncomfortable to watch (i.e., Michael Scott). He’s got this tough exterior, but he’s so incredibly tender inside.

Several times a day I text him the words: “Remind me to tell you about….”

Most of all, I love the way he loves the Lord and trusts Him with his life…with our lives.

I still find it funny to think that, back in high school, I consistently prayed for my future husband -- that God would keep him “wherever he is and whatever he’s doing.” And he was sitting next to me in Algebra the entire time. :-)

2 comments:

Justinand said...

Wow...she looks so grown up. I just can hardly believe it! Love you all!

Chasaraben said...

Last paragraph... melts my heart!