"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father’s Day!

Ryley and I are pretty lucky girls to have such amazing daddies and grandpas!

I have always been a daddy’s girl. I am a lot like my dad in so many ways. But I am just so thankful for his presence in my life…for his gentleness yet firmness, his eternal optimism, his godly wisdom, and his unwavering faith in God. I love you so much, Daddy!!! Happy Father’s Day!!!

This is my favorite picture of my parents!!!

005

Ryley loves her Pappaw so much!

G & Ryley  1 train.tree

340

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, Happy Father’s Day to my father-in-law Ron! I am grateful for his godly example too, and for the wonderful way he raised Ryan! 

 DSCF2042

Ryley loves her Grandpa too. He’s her science buddy.

115

Ron is still in ICU following his triple coronary bypass surgery on Wednesday. Please continue to lift him up in prayer! 

162

Both of our dads are amazing prayer warriors, and we cannot thank them enough for the prayer cover over our lives. It’s invaluable to us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And last but not least, Happy Father’s Day to my amazing husband Ryan.

I have to tell you that back when we were in high school, I used to watch the way Ryan interacted with younger kids, and it really impressed me. I always, always knew he would be a really good daddy.  Then, when we were dating, in college, I visited his family in Florida, and we played lots of board games with his siblings. I watched the way he good-naturedly teased his brother and sisters over a game of Clue, and that was the moment that I knew I wanted him to be the father of my children.

RM8

DSCF1422

DSCF0596

DSCF3676

276

282

Thank you, sweetie, for everything you do for us! You are the most incredible daddy for our Ryley girl, and we love you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Father’s Day!

No comments: