"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Joy-ology

My dear friend Danielle tagged me in her “ology” a few weeks back. And today seemed like a good time to do it!

Here’s everything you ever wanted (and didn’t want!) to know about me:

***********FOODOLOGY***************
1. What is your salad dressing of choice?
Depends on the type of salad! I like trying new ones.

2. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Hacienda Colorado….love their cheese enchiladas and their stuffed poblano peppers, and chips and salsa…Yum!!

3. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? 
Yolanda’s Tacos …Honestly, I could have Mexican food for the rest of my life.

4. What do you like to put on your bagel?
plain cream cheese

5. What is your favorite thing to drink?
Dr. Pepper, or a white mocha from Starbucks

***TECHNOLOGY***
1. How many televisions are in your house?
two

2. What color cell phone do you have?
teal and white, with outlines of birds, flowers, and trees

3. Have any idea how may Megahertz your computer has?
nope

*****BIOLOGY******
1. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
right

2. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
no…I mean, does a baby Ryley count?

3. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
the 5-gallon water bottle for our water cooler when I replaced it yesterday

4. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
I have been known to faint from time to time. But I’ve never been knocked unconscious.

5. Would you change anything about your body? 
my weight/metabolism

6. Brothers and Sisters?
my amazing little bro Justin, who stands at 6’7”

*****DREAMOLOGY******

1. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
maybe the day of, so I could say what I needed to say to people, etc., but I wouldn’t want to know much more in advance than that

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I really, really like my name. :-)

3. Would you eat spiders for a million dollars?

Absolutely.

*****LASTOLOGY******

1. How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
I don’t think I have any flip flops. I have three pairs of sandals.

2. Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
car accident last winter when I slid into an intersection and ended up totaling the van

3. Last person you talked to?
Ryley :-)

4. Last person you hugged?
Ryley. Ryan is working this morning, and I made Ryley leave her TV show to come snuggle with me in bed.

**************FAVORITOLOGY*************
1. Season?
Fall

2. Holiday?
Honestly, while it should be Christmas, I think I prefer Thanksgiving, because the holidays are just beginning and we aren’t stressed about money and presents yet. Plus, it’s all about the food. :-)

3. Day of the week?
Friday night

4. Month?
October….It’s the prettiest, fall-wise

5. Joke?
Stand-up by Brian Regan always makes me laugh…. Check it out here and here.

***********CURRENTOLOGY*****************

1. Missing someone?
Yes, I always miss my family, especially when they’re together, like this weekend! :-(

2. Mood?
Good, happy, hopeful, optimistic :-)

3. What are you listening to?
birds chirping outside my window; Ryley’s Justice League cartoon playing in the background

4. Watching?
Nothing at the moment. Looking forward to several shows’ finales this week, though.

5.Wearing
pajamas

***************RANDOMOLOGY*****************

1. First place you went this morning?
Living room to my laptop

2. What's the last movie you saw?
Argo? I think. Rented it a couple of weeks ago.

3. Movie you want to go see?
Going to see IronMan 3 tonight! But the list of what I want to see is unending.

4. Do you smile often?
Yes!

5. Sleep on your side, tummy or back? 
Half side/half tummy, with a body pillow wedged between me and the bed, and my leg thrown over the pillow. So comfy. :-)

***************OTHER-OLOGY****************
1. Do you always answer your phone?
No, depends on what I’m doing and whether or not I recognize the caller’s number!

2. It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Better not be anyone I know.

3. If you could change your eye color what would it be?
I wouldn’t change them.

4. What would you order at McDonalds if it were all good for you?
A double quarter-pounder with cheese, and fries

5. Do you own a digital camera? 
Yes. Ryan bought one for me on Mother’s Day last year, in anticipation of our summer trip to Yellowstone, which we never got to take because his dad got sick. :-( And of course, I have the digital camera on my phone, which I use all the time.

6. Have you ever had Mexican jumping beans?
No?

7. Favorite Christmas song(s):
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and O Holy Night

8. What's on your wish list for your birthday?
I haven’t gotten that far yet. :-)

9. Can you do push ups?
Probably not.

10. Can you do a chin up?
No.

11. Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Both!

12. Do you have any saved texts?
Yes, I am a text pack-rat.

13. Ever been in a car wreck?
Yes, several throughout my lifetime.

14. Do you have an accent?
I don’t think so.

15. What is the last song to make you cry?

I asked Ryan for the answer to this, and he snarkily texted back, “What was the last song you listened to?” :-)

16. Plans tonight?
Date night to see IronMan 3

17. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? 
No.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: 
Potato chips for Ryley’s after-school choir party, gas for my van, and Ryley’s and my dinner at CiCi’s Pizza

19. Have you ever been given roses?
Yes! Many times :-)

20. Current worry?
We need to figure out Ryley’s daycare plan for the summer, and we have little way to pay for it. But every year this is a concern, and every year, God comes through. So even though there’s only two weeks until school is out, I’m trying not to worry. :-)

21. Current hate right now?
Dumb people. Ever read the comments under an online news story? Some people have a lot of time to just sit and argue online with people they don’t know, about things that don’t matter.

22. Met someone who changed your life?
Yes, I have been blessed with many!

23. How will you ring in the New Year?
Who knows?? Haha.

24. What song represents you?
Gabriel’s Oboe from “The Mission”? It is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard. But honestly, I don’t know. There are so many!

25. Name three of your FB friends who might complete this?

I don’t care. :-) It was fun for me.

26. Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Yes! To give my self advice :-)

27. Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
Ryan is the only one I’ve ever dated! And we’ve been together almost 17 years.

28. Do you have any tattoos/piercings?
Just my ears are pierced. And that’s probably how I’ll stay. :-)

29. Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now?
YES!

30. When did you last cry?
On Thursday night while watching The Office. Such a wonderful episode!!!

31. Do you like to cuddle?
Yes, I’d cuddle all the time.

32. Have you held hands with anyone today?
No, not yet. :-) But it’s still early.

33. Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
Old

34. Do you like pulpy orange juice?
No, pulp-free for me!

35. What was the last band you saw live?
I don’t know, not really a concert goer, per se. Probably our friends’ band in high school. But in three weeks Ryley and I are going to see Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran!

36. If you could have any job, what would it be?
Full-time writer

37. What was the best thing that happened to you today?
My little girl came and perched herself on my lap just now. She’s delicious, and I ate her freckles right off her face. :-)

1 comment:

Justinand said...

Love this!!! I just might have to tag myself!! Seems like fun! And we can hardly wait to all be together for the 4th of July!!
BTW... my home is always open for the summer for a little Mother's helper! ;-) Just an idea!
Love you all!