"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Is...

Love Is…

Scraping the ice off of my side of the windshield even when we’re running late, because he knows I will get carsick if I can’t see.

Adjusting the radio in the hotel so that it puts out a fuzzy white noise sound, because he knows I need white noise to sleep well.

Jumping in and ordering my meal at the restaurant because the waiter can’t understand me through the obstacle of my laryngitis.

Lugging the laundry to the Laundromat all by himself on his afternoon off work.

Getting me a glass of water from downstairs in the middle of the night.

Helping me search the house high and low for my keys at 11 p.m., letting the glass of chocolate milk he poured grow warm.

This list makes it sound like I’m high maintenance! But regardless, my husband shows his love in small, beautiful ways every single day of the year. I am overwhelmed by how good he is to me, even when I don’t deserve it. And I get to spend the rest of my life with him. ;-)


I love you, Ryan. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.

No comments: