"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Old Friends, and Evolution of a Room

I have several writing projects coming up, so I’ve been freaking out a little about the state of our house and feeling pressure to get it back to normal. So last night, I loaded up on ibuprofen and vitamins and decided to tackle some boxes. I enlisted the help of Ryan and Ryley, and now we feel so much better about our lives! Progress!!!

005

I’ve heard it said this way before, but unpacking our books was really like being reunited with old friends. And the most amazing thing? As we emptied each box, we knew which books were still missing. Ryan listed off several he was concerned about, and I was missing some favorites as well. And when finally we located another book box in the chaos of our guestroom, we were excited and relieved all at once.

Though we are still missing “To Kill a Mockingbird” and one of the Narnia books….Maybe the movers were intrigued by those titles and decided to snag them? Winking smile

We have a big box of Michael Crichton, chick lit, and other random titles that we are trimming from our collection, so let us know if you need something new to read!

And now I give you, “evolution of a room”:

174

229

009

064

096

006

We’ve come such a long way, and I’m happy with how it’s coming together.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Looks so cozy!

Melanie said...

It looks very cozy. I'll be right over to try out that couch and some of your books. :-) The picture of the feet looks like you decided to "off" someone - perhaps they overcharged? Worked too slowly? But I don't think you're supposed to publish pictures of the proof of your crime. (Ha!)

Joy said...

Ha, Melanie! I wondered if anybody would notice the legs! We stuffed their bodies in the crawl space!