"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've never seen Denver pre-emptively cancel school before. With less than two inches of snow on the ground this morning, we got the news that Ryley's school was canceled, along with the rest of the city. I don't know if maybe Denverites have become pansies due to the mild winter we've had? Regardless, you don't mess around when they say a blizzard is coming. And I think, deep-down, we all knew we were due for one. Denver is America's best-kept secret. It has only snowed twice this winter. It is an absolutely gorgeous place to live.

So off to the grocery store I went. It. Was. Insane. I felt bad for King Soopers' Thursday morning crew. Only three registers were open! But we're stocked up and prepared for Ryan's snowed-in birthday weekend. :-)

As soon as Ryley finishes lunch, we're off to my work so I can do essential things, like payroll and deposits. And hopefully I will have some favor with my boss to leave early today and work from home tomorrow.

For the record, we weren't successful getting pregnant this month. But it's ok. Strangely, we are at peace about it. The drugs did their job; my body reacted properly, which is a huge encouragement for me (for months during the endometriosis treatment, I felt like my body was dead inside). But even when everything works properly, you only have a 25% chance of success. God is still on the throne, and we're grateful for the blessings we have, like this talkative munchkin munching on Cheetohs next to me as I type. :-) We will try again. All in His timing, right?

And so we venture out into the falling spring snow....

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Spring brings new life..that will be my prayer for you both!

Chasaraben said...

Never listen to the weather folk- they are almost always wrong. However prepare, because once in a while, Denver does it's thing and SHAZAM! Weather wonder! S-N-O-W!! We've been sick all break and then to top it off, missed a snow day- we totally got the raw end of this deal.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.