"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Monday, March 30, 2009

We Zoomed Down to the Zoo Where We Saw a Zebra and Had Dinner at Zio's.



I think we've had our fill of scientific family field trips for awhile. It being Ryan's birthday and all, we went down to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs this weekend. After consecutive weekends at the Downtown Aquarium and the Butterfly Pavilion, I think we're good for a year or two. Happy birthday, Ryan.



I just loved the way they forgot to wash their hands after these pictures.





Such a sexy couple, I know.



Though I complain about the animal/science aspects, it really was fun and especially nice to be together as a family. Because of the blizzard, Ryan and I both got off work early on Thursday and were home on Friday. The snow melted Friday afternoon, and then we still had Saturday and Sunday together!! So it was kind of like a four-day weekend for us. While in Colorado Springs, we ate at Zio's, the delicious Italian chain that is responsible for half of our early-marriage debt and weight gain. So, so good.

In keeping with the Z theme, we also had our friends Christie and Jonathan over for a James Bond movie marathon on Saturday night, and they brought their dog ZOE and little boy Jordan. We ate BBQ and watched movies into the early morning hours. We really had a fun time with them, as always. :-)



Ryan's schedule changes this week, and work on the magazine resumes for me. The weeks keep passing us by. It surprised us by snowing again this morning, and poor Juliet just doesn't know what to do with it. She has had at least 10 accidents in the house since Thursday, three of which were tonight. Good times.

Here are some friendly pictures of Ryley assaulting her puppy with five-year-old love. No wonder Juliet bites her!!





And now I'm off to watch some Monday night TV with my sweetie and then catch some Z's.

3 comments:

rsmbeckemy said...

Hi Joy! Would you guys be free on Saturday evening to hang out with us? If that doesn't work, I'm sure we can figure out another time. We will be with Jeremy's Dad in Elizabeth for Thursday - Saturday and with his Mom in Pueblo for Sun - Tues. So we thought we could visit you guys in between. Let me know what you think!

Becky and Jeremy

Justinand said...

Looks like a great time overall!! Love the pictures of Ryley and Juliet--Can't believe how big they both are!!!

Justinand said...

Joy--how I wish we lived closer and could do more together!!! Check out my blog on Tuesday--I've nominated you for an award!!! Love you!