"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home

So we are home again.

It's taken us a couple of days to become reacquainted with our lives. Ryan has been under the weather due to a run-in with a bad (yet tasty) Mexican omelette. And I have an ear infection from getting too much ocean water in my ears!

Ryley...well, let's just say that the landscape of her face is changed forever, due to about 200 more freckles popping out!!! Cute. :-)

I promise that pictures will be coming soon. We took 850 of them, so it takes hours (that I do not have at the moment) to organize and cut them down into a manageable album size.

But just off the top of my head, I would say that the best day of our trip was Wednesday...the day we took a boat tour to go snorkling. Despite Ryley's tears that the water was too cold, and in spite of the fact that I got stung by five tiny jellyfish, it was the most amazing day. I mean, how often do you get the chance to get stung by jellyfish?Right? And we saw a whale breeching! And dolphins swam alongside our boat! And we danced to happy music on a boat with strangers in the middle of sunny nowhere. LOVED it.

Now that we are home, it all feels like a dream. A beautiful, breathtaking, happy dream. But the good thing is, I do have pictures to prove that it happened, and I think I will look at them forever. :-)

More soon...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: