"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Monday, April 25, 2011

He Lives!

“Hear the bells ringing; they’re singing that you can be born again!

Hear the bells ringing; they’re singing Christ is risen from the dead!”

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard my childhood pastor sing that song on an Easter morning, so instead, I’ve taken to singing it myself, annoying Ryan and Ryley by taking my soprano abilities to new heights. :-) I love that song. I love Easter. What a beautiful Love Story we are a part of!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend as a family. Ryan had three days off in a row, which was a real treat. It was somewhat chilly and rainy, but that’s ok.

028

Ryley and her “BFF” Amirah had so much fun at the church’s Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning!

032

There were 10,000 eggs and 700 kids….

042

Reviewing their winnings….

045

For seven years, Ryan and I have been an active part of the egg decorating. But let me tell you what we learned this year: it is so much more fun to have a friend involved. More fun for everyone! All we did was set them up, and then they had a blast.

055

070

082

084

094

The Easter Bunny was very crafty in where he hid the eggs in our family room. It took Ryley much longer to find them than it has in past years.…

111

Ryley in her Easter dress…

114

124

At church, I have to mention that a guest pianist played “The Hallelujah Chorus,” and when he did, I stood up (like you’re supposed to). It was just me and the old folks standing. I whispered to Ryan, “You’re supposed to stand up during the Hallelujah Chorus.” I knew he knew that. But alas, Ryan (being a tad on the rebellious side like usual), stayed seated until the song was almost over. This led to a lively and teasing discussion after service  about whether or not we are still obliged to follow the rules of the King of England, whom Ryan says his forefathers fought hard to break free of. Ha ha. My mom entered into the conversation via text saying that I was a good girl to stand and, after all, doesn’t Ryan love Jesus? It was pretty funny. :-)

After a delicious dinner of grilled BBQ chicken, Ryley and Ryan peeled all those decorated eggs from the day before and made deviled eggs!

129

We hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating Jesus and all that He has done for us!

“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”   1 Corinthians 15:55

“But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”  Romans 8:11

Have a great week! :-)

2 comments:

Chasaraben said...

He is risen. He is risen indeed!!! I love Easter as well and am soooo grateful for His taking my pain and suffering. Easter isn't about eggs and chocolate (sigh) but it is about emptiness- the emptiness of a tomb!
HALLELUJAH!!!! HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!

Dawn said...

You write with such a beauty that I feel like I am sitting in your living room curled up with a cup of coffee and a blanket listening to you tell the story in person. You are an amazing woman and I so love hearing you talk about Jesus, Joy, Ryan, Ryley and friends. I'm so glad Amirah was able to go with you guys. Did she enjoy it?