"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Twinkle, twinkle

Yesterday evening we watched our little girl pack up her carry-on bag and wave good-bye as she and her Mammaw boarded a plane to Oklahoma for a whole week of fun!

385

389

Whatever will I do without my girl??? The house is sooo quiet. No sound of TV, no fast footsteps up and down the stairs, no random piano-playing while I’m on the phone. And when I put something somewhere, it stays there.  The house stays clean! My goodness, do I miss her!!!

We’ve had a full few weeks; I know I must say that every time I blog! But once again, it’s true. So with tornado sirens blaring in the open window next to me, and while I wait for the green clouds above our house to open up with hail, I will attempt to recount our special moments with brevity.

***(Sidenote: I find it funny that, being in the roofing business, I root for hail. Big hail. Destructive hail. The farmer’s granddaughter in me has to clarify that we only want hail in the city – not on the farms where the crops will be destroyed). :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most importantly….

For many, many months, Ryley has been bugging us to be baptized! Our church only does it a couple of times a year, so when they announced they were going to do it on June 26, Ryley jumped at the opportunity. It was so very special, and my uncle Paul captured the event with beautiful pictures:

099

153134946310

Ryley was thrilled to learn that Pastor Eric, her children’s pastor, would be the one to baptize her!!!

753134946310

889834946310

Isn’t that an amazing picture???

434434946310

A new creation in Christ! Pastor Bagwell prayed for her…that she would continue to follow Jesus all the days of her life.

115824946310

173134946310

I love this picture! We celebrated with ice cream at Cold Stone. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryley’s telescope from her grandpa has spurred an interest in outer space, so we did a little research and learned that Denver has its own observatory! It is super cheap ($3/person) and is totally worth it. Ryley was more excited than she was at DisneyWorld. Ha ha.

051

053

061

We sat through a lecture about comets, which was highly entertaining….

067

Then we climbed up into the observatory where we saw the 20” telescope, which was something like 100 years old!

073

Science nerds unite! I got yelled at for using the flash to take this picture of Ryley viewing Saturn. But it was worth it!

Then we went home and found Saturn on our much smaller telescope. It was so very cool!!!

077

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though I’m not even close to being done blogging about the last few weeks, I unfortunately must stop here for now….Ryan just got home, and we are due to have dinner with our friends Chris and Taryn who are moving away to Texas, much to our disappointment!

To be continued….

3 comments:

Justinand said...

We can hardly wait to see Ryley! Thanks for letting us all, in this part of the country, borrow her for a bit!

Chris said...

You think you're disappointed?! Imagine how I feel?

Beth said...

great post!