"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Aunt Aly

Ryley has a very special relationship with my brother’s wife Alyson. It is really very sweet!

At Thanksgiving, after Ryley was reunited with Aly, Justin, and the boys, and they had caught up about school, friends, etc. (meaning Alyson patiently listened while Ryley prattled on and on), Ryley passed me in the kitchen, sighed, and said, “See? Aly just gets me.”

Like we don’t? Haha!

Anyway, so I wanted to link to Alyson’s blog so you can see what very special thing she is doing for Ryley:

http://thesteiners.us/2012/01/ryley-elisabeth.html

Ryley was speechless when she read it a little while ago. Her jaw dropped, and I cried! It’s so very special. There are other wonderful surprises in store for that weekend as well, but you’ll have to wait to find out those. :-)

You have to know that Alyson is amazing. It’s been a rough day for all of us at work and school, and I thought we could use a boost. I texted Aly at 7 p.m. saying that I thought we should let her in on this surprise, but I didn’t necessarily mean tonight, as I knew she wanted to be creative. One hour later she had already put together this very special post! Of course, she is a multi-tasking mother of twins. :-)

Speaking of that, as we tucked Ryley in, it dawned on her that this is probably the first time Aly has traveled away from Will and Jack. She said, “So caring for the boys will be up to Justin that weekend? Wow! That will be a new experience for him!”

:-)

2 comments:

Justinand said...

What can I say? I love your daughter!! Good job on that one, Mom & Dad!! ;-)

The steiner life said...

What a wonderful surprise for Ryley, I know your performance will be wonderful. Wish I lived close so I could seeit, its what i miss about not living close to my grandkids.