"You can make anything by writing."

-- C. S. Lewis


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers

Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful mother, who’s not only gorgeous on the outside, but ESPECIALLY on the inside! :-)

053

I am so, so proud to be your little girl. You and Daddy gave me such a happy childhood, and our home was always filled with the peace and love of Jesus.

059

photo

My mom is a strong farm-girl from western Nebraska. She went to school in a one-room schoolhouse, and her family even had an outhouse on their farm! I love her stories of growing up. :-) She was the first one in her immediate family to go to a four-year college and one out-of-state at that. She’s a teacher, through and through, and she’s filled with so much wisdom and an amazing sense of humor! And now that I’m an adult, I’m also proud to call her one of my closest, closest friends. :-)

Ryley and her Mammaw:

DSCF1314

065

Happy Mother’s Day to my grandma Honey as well! Here she is with her one-month-old great-granddaughter Ryley:

Ryley's trip to Denver b

And here’s me and Ryley in Glacier National Park, Mother’s Day 2004. She was almost 10 months old. :-)

joy and ryley 1

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers I know! You are all so amazing for the way you selflessly serve your husbands and children. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: